Wednesday 18 September 2013

Princes Gardens@Prahan (My rating D)

To be blunt , I was disappointed with this park, partially because I had such high expectation to this park, partially because this park doesn't really fit my wish list.

On the council website, this is a park with lots of facilities: playground, basketball court, skate park,  and offleash.

I don't mind a park that is surrounded by high rises, though it's not ideal.

The first thing that made me frown was the car parking.  I couldn't find anywhere to park.  The streets are narrow and busy.  We went around the park for a few time until I found the entry to 'offical' car park.

The 2nd thing that made me frown (again) was the sign "no cycling / skateboarding" (on the path).  I guess it applies to scooters too.

The 3rd thing that made me shake my head was when I see see basketball court............. THAT BUSY!!!!  It's almost impossible for the kids to throw a ball.

Then we came to the skate park area where is near the basketball court, the graffiti and the set up of the skate park especially the traffic going from different directions towards the middle made the kids say 'no no no'.......

The biggest dismay was when I had to use the toilet.  Yes, only 1 toilet room (unisex), so called hi-tech 'ex-loo', button controlled, but yuck!  I always try to stay away from 'ex-loo', because I've seen way to many failed 'design', but this one made its way to the top list of 'dirties ex-loo'................

The only good thing is the playground, nice one.





No comments:

Post a Comment