Tuesday 20 August 2013

Day Trip on Philip Island with your beloved Dog (my rating A)

What come to your mind when someone mentions "Philip Island"?  Well, for a long time, I used to just think little penguins, churchill farm and the Nobbis, all the places that dogs are not allowed.  And that made me hesitated to go to Philip Island...............

Until.......... I was studying the map of Philip Island one Friday night, and suddenly discovered some beaches are 'sort of' dog friendly, that says, dogs can go there on-lead, and numerous playgrounds.

OK, that sounds encouraging enough.  We set our journey to Philip Island.  We explored 2 beaches and a playground last Sunday (yes, it was super windy).

See the links below.

Red Rocks Beach (My rating B)

Cowes West Beach / Mussel Rocks Beach (My rating B)

The beaches are very nice, dogs are allowed in the early morning and evening during summer time (i.e.: 7-10am & 5-8pm Dec 1 to Apr 30), and no time restriction between May and Nov, but they need to be on-leash.

I would rate it A if dogs could come during the day in summer, and wish they could go offleash............. .

Richard Grayden Memorial Reserve (My rating A)
This playground is just off the main bridge, has a few rare-seen play equipments!  It also has BBQ & toilet facilities.

Big thank to this cafe, we had a good shelter from wind and rain in the outdoor dining area, could  comfortably with Jessica, my forever baby, enjoying the yum yum lot lunch!  Yes, the name of this cafe: Euphoria Gallery Cafe, on Philip Island Road@Cowes.



The other feature I noticed and appreciated is the map of the toilet facilities, and how clean they are!

(Map from Council website: the green shadowed areas are NOT for dogs)

No comments:

Post a Comment